Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: candice radin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:48 pm
 Post Post subject:

cloudten wrote:
Deviant wrote:
I'm ready to get drunk. You?

[Ear's perk up] Did someone say drunk?

ditto. i'm so ready.

Posted by: geeves Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:22 pm
 Post Post subject:

cloudten wrote:
Deviant wrote:
I'm ready to get drunk. You?

[Ear's perk up] Did someone say drunk?

I heard it 150 miles away and poured a captain and ginger ale.

Posted by: firstdivision Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 King of all Pimps
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:42 pm
 Post Post subject:

headrushmusic wrote:
Although, I think maybe Brad might remember my coming down to the basement saying, "You might want to be prepared to take your set upstairs in case we pack up and head out." It was that bad.

hahaha and i remember the whole reason why for that comment. which is why i don't go there at all, although for support of John I might attend this one.

"..and fuck your parakeet to" -LH

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:38 am
 Post Post subject:

ramzi wrote:
Anyone up for a rebirth of C.A.R.P.? Cleveland Area Rave Promoters association...

Let us pick a less fishy name...

Takers???

Ramzi

Actually it was CARA = Cleveland Area Raved Association. They wanted to use CAPA but that was taken by the Columbus Association of Performing Arts.

The problem with that was status seeking ravers showed up and started arguements about what the price of a bottle of water should be. The turning point was that promoters couldn't agree on a simple policy of "ID REQUIRED" which would effectively limit the age of parties to 16. I don't think in this day and age we have to worry about this stuff.

Personally I think a "town hall" meeting of sorts could be productive.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: ramzi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:12 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:

Personally I think a "town hall" meeting of sorts could be productive.

Some months ago some of Cleveland's indy/rock-n-roll community came together for a "meeting of the clans" (as it was named).

We discussed common goals, what was going well, what wasn't, and rebranding the entire scene under one umbrella. The agenda was 10 pages at the meeting started at 10:00am on a Saturday. Too much ground to cover and truthfully little follow through. The facilitators push to rebrand everyone under one umbrella was the momentum killer...

The town hall format is a great idea.

Lava Lounge has a nice upstairs room that can be reserved for a fee...I'd chip in.

Who is invited? Only promoters? Only businesses? Anyone with an interest?

Ramzi

Posted by: NRM Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mod from the Future
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:03 pm
 Post Post subject: wow

ok. i am late getting up on here. i think headrush does have the right to speak on this...... they have brought the guy here a couple times already.

i also have my thoughts on the kaskade event. brad brought him for $5, some suckers went to a wack promoters version for $20...a promoter who usually brings utter trash. fuck all that. i am never doing a free event again. they are all $5 now.

i was going to say something before the event but i didnt care for flames from clowns. i also heard about his track selection, you kids would leave when a local dj droped "lolas theme" but kaskade played it and it was cool, just like all you techno wannabe suckers who acted happy when michael mayer dropped "seal - killer". go suck a dick.

it was actually fun stuffing the ball in the clubs face who kept offering absurd amounts to get tortured soul there...heh that was fun wasnt it brad?

ok, i was able to slip some shit talking in here cause of the topic, now back to my coffee.

MLF

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:47 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: wow

Neo Rude Movement wrote:
i was going to say something before the event but i didnt care for flames from clowns. i also heard about his track selection, you kids would leave when a local dj droped "lolas theme" but kaskade played it and it was cool, just like all you techno wannabe suckers who acted happy when michael mayer dropped "seal - killer". go suck a dick.

Can I nominate this as "best post ever" ?
One more reason to love Mr. Filly.

Posted by: Tiesto Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

Yeah, you're totally right NRM... all of those people having fun and dancing their asses off at B-sides should have just stayed home rather than being exposed to something new. In fact, they should have screened the whole crowd for "real" people... maybe you could have had the whole place to yourself. Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:34 pm
 Post Post subject: ??

Quote:
Dwreck Wrote:

Neo Rude Movement wrote:

Can I nominate this as "best post ever" ?
One more reason to love Mr. Filly.

Nice one Filly!!Gotta love it!

Headrush Wrote:
Quote:

We enjoyed a brief period of such harmony with John, Napoleon and Abbasso. Everyone had a common vision, the club paid their said commitments, and it worked well.

I still wouldn't say John Seiler had our "common" vision at all!!! ALL owners that I know of right now really don't share our common goals. They are in for the money, NOT the music. You guys have NO idea of ALL the BS I put up with John trying to get things done "for the music". You might have SOME idea now, but it's only a fraction of what I dealt with daily.

But we did have a unity in the Cleveland scene that is not here anymore. It was great while it lasted, but you yourselves said that you have different goals that everyone else here in Cleveland. You have a lable to run and have to think about the "Global" market etc... basically you don't care weather Cleveland sinks or swims. It's all about the bigger picture for you guys, atleast that's how I feel from your past comments.

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:07 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: wow

Neo Rude Movement wrote:

just like all you techno wannabe suckers who acted happy when michael mayer dropped "seal - killer". go suck a dick.

MLF

???

Who/what is that directed at?? Of course I didn't get to go to bsides...maybe I'd get what that's all about then.

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:55 am
 Post Post subject:

Oh boy! Can we kill this post please? I'm over all of the drama at this point. Frustrated Let's just do what we do best besides the usual cynicism towards everything in this fleabag town that no one else even thinks about and continue to push the envelope...musically speaking!

We all can school each other...IF we pull together...that's what this forum IS about...right?!?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Mod from the Future
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:08 am
 Post Post subject: bias

what i'm saying.....

if the majority of the crowd who went out for michael mayer heard someone else play "seal - killer" they would stick up their noses and grab a couch or express anger but mayer dropped it along with a petula clark sampling record as well as a justin timberlake remake....

i dont need to explain further, you know what i mean if you dont oh well.

MLF

Mod from the Future
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:28 am
 Post Post subject: also

stating what either of those dj's played was not a diss to either of them, they are both talented in more ways than 1.
i was making another point, or trying to.

MLF

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:03 am
 Post Post subject: Re: ??

naps wrote:

I still wouldn't say John Seiler had our "common" vision at all!!! ALL owners that I know of right now really don't share our common goals. They are in for the money, NOT the music. You guys have NO idea of ALL the BS I put up with John trying to get things done "for the music". You might have SOME idea now, but it's only a fraction of what I dealt with daily.

Oh, I'm not saying that John necessarily has a vision for the music the way that those of us on this board do; what I'm talking about with him is that at least he's a straightforward businessman in terms of paying up for flyers if he's verbally agreed to pay for them, etc etc. It means the world to a promoter to have a place where you can get quick responses and such. For the most part he lets us do what we gotta do to get shit done and there is an implied trust there. I know various people have had bad experiences on different levels and that our experience is not universal; but compared to the other shit we've had to deal with at other places, it's an oasis. We are extremely grateful to have a place like Abbasso for the weekly.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

I<3CNL
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:24 am
 Post Post subject: Re: ??

naps wrote:

But we did have a unity in the Cleveland scene that is not here anymore. It was great while it lasted, but you yourselves said that you have different goals that everyone else here in Cleveland. You have a lable to run and have to think about the "Global" market etc... basically you don't care weather Cleveland sinks or swims. It's all about the bigger picture for you guys, atleast that's how I feel from your past comments.

We DO care a great deal about whether or not Cleveland sinks or swims. I think that CONNECTING Cleveland with the global dance music marketplace is a way of lifting it up. My impression of the Northeast Ohio scene is that it is very isolated from things that go on in a regular basis in other markets/cities. We would not have spent two or three years trying to draw national and international attention and talent to this city if we were not concerned with improving things here. It would be very easy to say fuggit and not maintain local events and just hit the road every weekend. But we don't.

I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:14 am
 Post Post subject: You too can find out what goes on inside my brain!

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Derek Carney on Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:03 am; edited 3 times in total

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:47 am
 Post Post subject:

Dude!!!!! For the love of God....LET......THIS..... POST...... DIE!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:00 am
 Post Post subject:

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Derek Carney on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:43 am
 Post Post subject: Re: You too can find out what goes on inside my brain!

DJ Dwreck wrote:
After reading through this entire post I say to myself (and you can listen, too):

1) I've never been to a HeadRush show and now I never want to. You sound like big cry babies who got their bottles taken away.

I'd venture to say that if you bothered to take the time to meet us and understand what we're about, learn the history behind all this, and appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears we've invested into this scene over the past three years, you would have a different opinion. Given that you've only popped up on these boards a few months ago, I can't expect that you would know any of that, but I certainly would never form such a rancid opinion about people without taking the time to learn more about them. We have done nothing but try to bring positive energy and growth to the Cleveland scene, and your negativity reflects nothing but your own ignorance.

--D

I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:04 am
 Post Post subject:

I think it's funny how he says he would never make a decision about whether or not to go to a show based on who the promoter is or who is actually bringing in the dj, then proceeds to rant about how he would never go to a show of ours because we are the promoters.

Page 4 of 5